Thursday, October 19, 2006

Toast, and Things of the Simple Life.

I love the smell of toast... something from my childhood, possibly those many hours as a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons... and eating toast and jam. What is it about specific smells, or music that can evoke long forgotten memories. Many such memory flashbacks are of simple things in life, like toast.

I have always been a fan of Steely Dan for years. So many of their songs played parts in burning special memories into my brain. Playing the songs keeps providing me with just as many images that I have remembered. Here is one of my favorate.. I was playing this on the MP3 player when I took these photos. DOWNLOAD Dr. Wu.

This week I experiment with what is known as "Camera Painting"

Camera painting is simple, set the shutter to a small f-stop like f22 and set the exposure time to a large 2 seconds. Then move the camera in a motion that paints the scene.........

Autumn #1


Fall has the special smell too. After the first couple of days past labour day, the leaves give every child their first hint for the start of the school year.

Autumn # 2



Autumn #3

Finally as frost sets in, the smell starts me thinking about Christmas, family and the long nights ahead.
Frost


I am off to make some toast... it has been a long time since I smeared my mother's home made jam on a peice of toast... simple things are most often the best things.

No comments: