Sunday, September 16, 2007

Failure

Failure is an important function in life. In my case, failure is an ongoing process that pops its ugly head in and out every once in a while.
It is only because I keep trying, sometimes relentlessly that I begin to learn, and thus end up succeeding the next time. Take the photo below.


Yea, it is a light bulb. However, it is one of 9 that were sacrificed to get this one shot (I replaced everything in the house with compact fluorescent bulbs. Hummm, what to do with the old bulbs??). And it is still not a great shot. I have seen photos like this one that were perfectly in focus, very sharp and the entire bulb was in the photo. And I was shooting at 5 frames per second, with 1000 watts of light.

It is not the equipment..... It is a setback. It is like a lot of things in life, we can't always get want we want.

But the good news?

My music server is back, heating my garage and supplying music once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, this is great! it´s sharp and full of detail! maybe with some processing you could do something about the light and contrast and color too to make it look "explosive" - I guess it was your first try, and I guess you will get it one day!